Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Triforce - Second Draft

Triforce Necklace - Second Draft (with d10's!)
Triforce Necklace - Second Draft (with d10's!)
So here is the second draft of the Triforce necklace.  I went back to the big box craft store and got another spool of curb chain.  In the store lighting it looked more gold, but I noticed it is more of a copper appearance once I got it home.  As usual the store doesn't label what it is made out of.  I also had to get new findings to match (although those actually appear gold).  I also ordered a bulk mixed bag of dice for future projects.  The selection wasn't perfect, but at least I found 3 gold ones that match.  I'm not as happy with the shape of this version.  In the previous version I used 6 pieces of chain, but I reduced that to 5 in this one (around the back of the neck and down into the "V" is the first piece, across the top is the second, and then the 3 in the middle).  While I still like the look of it, I'm not as happy with how it holds its shape.  When I start making them for an Etsy store I'll keep the first design.  I also feel like I'll do some with and without the dangle of the left and right dice.  While it has a nice effect, I don't want everything to be overly ornate (even though I love it myself).  The next few pieces are going to be some simple stuff, since that seems to be what most in demand (or should I say all that is out there in regards to dice necklaces).

~Glitterforge Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment