Friday, March 30, 2012

Akasha cosplay bra (part 5)

Akasha cosplay bra with first coat of silver
Akasha cosplay bra with first coat of silver
The silver layer is where having an airbrush came in handy.  Not only am I not leaving brush marks, but I can do the fine edge that boarders the gold with very little over-spray.  I used the 80%/20% paint/water mix that I found out when working with the gold and it covered much better and was less runny when working in the more detailed areas.  Even with good covering paint you still need multiple coats go get a good product though.  This is true for just about any project.

Akasha cosplay bra with final coat of silver
Akasha cosplay bra with final coat of silver
 Here is the bra finished with silver.  It's already starting to really come together , but there is a final step to painting it that is really my finishing touch on this piece of the costume.  If you look carefully, the pictures of the costume in the movie vary from looking silver around the edges to looking purple.  I believe the bra was painted to replicate an iridescent seashell effect, and I'm hoping to achieve the same thing for this cosplay.  First, I had to let the silver dry completely before adding the final layer.

~Glitterforge Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment