Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Akasha cosplay bra (part 2)

Akasha cosplay full bra (after making second cup)
Akasha cosplay full bra (after making second cup)
And here is the full bra.  It only took another 2 hours to make the second cup since I now had some better ideas of how to work with the plastic. That being said, I probably spent a third hour messing around trying to make them both even (which is hard when if you look at the source images of Akasha you will notice her right side is bigger and slightly different from the left, presumably due to anatomy).  I'm happy with the overall results and feel this is one of the most accurate replicas of the bra I've seen for cosplay, despite my very limited experience doing crafts.  The next stage will be using a rotary tool to smooth out curves, eliminate bumps/fingerprints, and cut into some of the small areas that need grooves.  Below is an image with the lines I drew on the bra to give myself a guide for the next step.

Akasha cosplay bra - preparation for rotary tool
Akasha cosplay bra - preparation for rotary tool
I'll put up a post soon with what it looks like after some serious work smoothing it out and putting some of the more detailed grooves in.

~Glitterforge Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment